Table of Contents
Released on 1 November 2006. Beta 3.1 released on 14 November 2006. Beta 3.2 released on 24 November 2006.
- Support for Internationalized Domain Names (IDN)
- Vastly improved character set detection (HTTP Headers, Unicode BOM, Prologue, default to UTF-8)
- Support for
outlookfeed:for Outlook 2007
- Support for HTTP Conditional Get
- Support for GZIP-encoded feeds
- Override the input encoding
- Allow custom output encoding
- Expose all data that we use for items and feeds. These should be accessible directly as
- Implemented get_favicon()
- One-click Bookmarks: Wists, Simpy, Blogmarks, Smarking, Segnalo
- One-click subscriptions: Feedlounge, Feedster, Feedfeeds, Gritwire, Eskobo
- Strip attributes:
$feed→errorsalso catches errors about lots of other things.
- When embedding A/V podcasts, if the content type doesn't exist in our list of supported mime-types, check the file extension and make an educated guess before giving up.
- Atom 1.0 Categories
- native_embed() which uses the (invalid) embed-only method of embedding multimedia content, which bypasses issues with the object tag in IE.
- Cached filenames as SHA1 hashes.
fix_protocol()to replace any scheme which is not http or https with http (of course keeping current checks to allow local URLs)
bypass_image_hotlink()is disabled by default due to security and compatibility issues.
- Fixed a bug where if an item had a tag with a value, and there was a sub-element containing the same tag with a different value, the second tag would replace the value of the first (Beta 3.2)
- Fixed an issue where PHP 4's expat XML parser would hang on invalid characters even if PHP 5's parser would pass those same characters (Beta 3.2)
- Fixed some issues with handling gzipped feeds (Beta 3.1)
- Feeds where the items either don't have a datestamp or the datestamp is not understood now sort by newest to oldest.
- Problems with self-closing author tag
- Unable to modify
ini_setfor user agent string
- Various issues with relative links
- Problems with get_version
- Rewritten image URLs for bypassing image hotlink blocks
- RSS 0.9 namespace
- Invalid dates should return false
- SVG issues
- Issues with
- Superfluous spaces in prologue
- TRANSLIT patch * Multiple link tags in Atom feed. * strtotime() RFC822 inconsistency. * Various issues with tbray.org * Base64 encoding in Atom 1.0 (patch by Peter Janes) * Fix some of the quirks in the embed() function * Improved support for more specific ISO8601 datestamps (tested with Blogger Beta feeds). * Lots and lots and lots of Beta 3-specific, pre-release bugs. :) ===== Known Issues ===== * Bug 270 - Under certain circumstances, SimplePie may throw an error when encountering an unclosed CDATA block inside a feed. *
Bug 403 - Occassionally, PHP4's XML parser will choke on characters that are not part of the current character set, while PHP5's XML parser will pass them as question marks.Fixed in Beta 3.2 * Bug 431 - If a title tag is embedded inside another title tag, or if there are multiple title tags inside of a feed item, SimplePie will use the latter of the two.Fixed in Beta 3.2 * Bug 454 - SimplePie does not properly handle custom DOCTYPEs in RDF/RSS 1.0 feeds. * Bug 483 - It is possible for SimplePie to hang on 404 pages if the RSS Locator gets invoked and has to go through lots of links. * Bug 494 - Errors while decoding gzipped feeds with fsockopen().Fixed in Beta 3.1 * Bug 503 - Errors while decoding gzipped feeds with cURL.Fixed in Beta 3.1 * Bug 528 - Over-zealous attribute stripping when post contains example (X)HTML. * Bug 542 - When feed retrieval times out, SP should use the previously cached version instead. * Bug 567 - Fatal error in PHP 5.2 ===== Announcement ===== * http://simplepie.org/blog/2006/11/01/simplepie-beta-3-is-now-available/
misc/release_notes/simplepie_beta_3.txt · Last modified: 2011/03/06 03:56 (external edit)