Released on 29 August 2004
- [New] Implemented a simple caching system that refreshes feeds older than 1 hour. Initial loads are about as fast as v0.91 speeds, while subsequent loads are as fast as v0.9 speeds (100-200 times faster than v0.8).
- [New] The project name, version, and URL can all be displayed through functions. This is useful for auto-updating “Powered by…” messages.
- [New] Better support for characters that are not part of the Latin-based alphabet.
- [New] A User Agent:
SimplePie/0.92 (RSS Parser; http://www.skyzyx.com/projects/simplepie/)
- [New] A debug toggle in
simplepie()that dumps the feed contents to the screen. Known as “XMLdump”. Defaults to false.
- [Changed] Removed functionality where SimplePie wrapped a CDATA section around <title>, <link>, and <description> values.
- [Changed] Swaps out certain “smart” characters for their safer ASCII counterparts. This seems to resolve The Dunstan Issue.
misc/release_notes/simplepie_0.92.txt · Last modified: 2011/03/05 19:56 (external edit)